Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Reflection 5

My Aha's for the semester :

I have a background in educational technology and digital learning, so it was great to have some time and direction to develop what I knew.

Week 1 was helpful to really organize my philosophy on educational technology, in an innovative way. Week 2 was great because I finally started using diigo. I had seen it before and was impressed, but did not start using it. Now I don't know how I lived without it; it is a great tool! I had never used a wiki before so it was nice to see how easy and helpful they are. I actually organized a camping trip with my friend with one.

Probably the most helpful part of the course was to develop my portfolio some. It is something I have wanted to do for a long time and it was helpful to see the importance of it professionally for me, but also as a learning tool for students. Our summer school program implemented it as a pilot program and I plan to help one campus with them next year.

One thing I definitely walked away with is to just take a little time to learn the tools. I have heard of a lot of things that are interesting that I never get started with. Most tools can be picked up very quickly if I just take a brief bit of time to work with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment